[CentOS] postfix and spam, I am impressed

Tue Mar 13 14:43:42 UTC 2012
Jure Pečar <pegasus at nerv.eu.org>

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:53:06 -0400
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:

> > > Now I have set up a centos 6 box using postfix. Today I decided to try
> > > to add smtpd restrictions. After a lot of reading and testing I 'seem'
> > > to be doing incredible.
> > I've switched to postfix back in 2001 and yes, it is amazing. Now that
> > you're free of spam, you can dive into policyd and various content
> > filtering schemes available. It's amazing how far email has come, yet it's
> > even more amazing that none of the major linux distros have everything in
> > one place, well integrated and polished and we poor sysadmins still have to
> > stich solutions together ...
>
> +1
>
> Configure Postfix
> Configure CLAM [this doesn't even include any usable scripts] (1)
> Configure SPAMassassin
> Integrate the three
> Troubleshoot
>
> You can throw a couple of RBLs or even greylist in there too.
>
> It does seem like this should be out-of-the box on this point.

Then add user management, webmail, webmail extensions that enable users to manage their own settings, antispam policies, vacations, addressbooks and whatnot.

Then add monitoring and abuse handling, support staf interface, accounting and billing.

Then make all this work thru some stupid braindead phone thingy.

If you can get some quality sleep after that, you win.

Hiring mail services from "the cloud" is such a no-brainer these days ...

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org