[CentOS] [OT] Cannot boot into GUI after Video Driver is Installed

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:00:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Earl Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 May 2012 14:46, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge Nvidia do not currently support Optimus on
>> Linux.

>> Thanks, I believe that I am heading in the right direction, Any graphic
>> card will work for now as I only bought the laptop to play with KVM. I keep
>> you guys posted if I get it working on CentOS 6.

Regarding the lack of Optimus support for the Nvidia Linux driver, you
may want to try 'bumblebee' [1] available from ELRepo:

http://elrepo.org/tiki/bumblebee

bumblebee and the required packages are currently in the testing
repository. With enough feedback, they can be promoted to the main
repository.

Akemi

[1] http://bumblebee-project.org/