[CentOS] Desktop Switcher

Sat Nov 3 21:02:56 UTC 2012
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com>

On 11/03/2012 04:52 PM, Keith Roberts wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Nov 2012, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>
> *snip*
>
>> Yes, this is what I'm referencing.  Virtual desktops are common to all
>> Unix/Linux GUI environments that I've seen.  The switchdesk application
>> is available for Fedora but does not seem to be available for CentOS.
>
> I'm not sure about Centos 6.3, but for 5.8 it's in the base
> repo:
>
> Available Packages
> Name       : switchdesk-gui
> Arch       : noarch
> Version    : 4.0.8
> Release    : 7.el5
> Size       : 137 k
> Repo       : base
> Summary    : A graphical interface for the Desktop Switcher.
> License    : GPL
>              : interface for the Desktop Switcher.
>
> HTH
>
> Keith

> Websites:
> http://www.karsites.net
> http://www.php-debuggers.net
> http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk
>
> All email addresses are challenge-response protected with
> TMDA [http://tmda.net]

That's my issue.  I don't see switchdesk

[root at mushroom ~]# yum install switchdesk*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
  * base: mirror.umd.edu
  * elrepo: mirror.symnds.com
  * extras: centos.supsec.org
  * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
  * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
  * updates: mirror.es.its.nyu.edu
Setting up Install Process
No package switchdesk* available.
Error: Nothing to do
[root at mushroom ~]#

[mlapier at mushroom ~]$ name
CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
Linux mushroom.patch 2.6.32-279.11.1.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Oct 16 14:40:53
UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[mlapier at mushroom ~]

Can I assume that I will not be able to select my chosen environment
from GDM if I have multiple environments installed to choose from?

--
     _
    °v°