[CentOS] centos6 - failsafe terminal on login screen

Thu Oct 4 12:54:35 UTC 2012
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Miranda Hawarden-Ogata wrote:

> If I just have "Exec=/usr/bin/xterm" in failsafe.desktop I can get the xterm
> to appear with just a normal prompt, with no automatic script execution.
>
> If I put "Exec=/usr/bin/xterm -e ssh guest at server" it pops up a second
> password entry but then kicks out after the password is entered.
>
> If I put anything else in the Exec field, I just get a regular gnome
> desktop.
>
> I'm not sure what else to try, or how to get the script to run in the xterm
> automatically... there's probably something really silly that I'm missing,
> but at this point I've been staring at this so long I'm just not seeing it.

You could write a simple script that does all you need and just call
this script via the "Exec=..." line - this is actually what I do in my
failsafe.desktop file - although I don't know if this will help in your case

James Pearson