[CentOS] make /home/user without all the maps

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Sep 26 12:06:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012, John Austin wrote:

> To: centos at centos.org
> From: John Austin <ja at jaa.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] make /home/user without all the maps
>
> On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 12:13 +0100, Nux! wrote:
>> On 26.09.2012 11:30, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I would like to make a whole lot of homedirs without Documents,
>>> Downloads , ....
>>> like it was in CentOs5.
>>>
>>> I know I have to adapt something in /etc/skel but cannot find out how
>>> do it.
>>>
>>> Anyone can give me a hand with this?

Take a look at this:

IIRC the answer to your question may be in this guide:

Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
An in-depth exploration of the art of shell scripting
by Mendel Cooper

http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/

But I cannot point you to the particular location in that
documentation.

HTH (sort of;)

Keith

Websites: