[CentOS] make /home/user without all the maps

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Sep 26 12:22:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 01:06:27PM +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2012, John Austin wrote:
>
> > To: centos at centos.org
> > From: John Austin <ja at jaa.org.uk>
> > Subject: Re: [CentOS] make /home/user without all the maps

I'm looking in /etc/skel, and I see a .gnome directory--as I don't have
Gnome installed, it seems to be empty on my machine.  So, perhaps moving
that somewhere temporarily might handle those files--they sound like
Desktop files, possibly Gnome related.  (A guess on my part, as, when I
tried creating a test user on my system, there was no Downloads directory.

I do seem to remember either firefox or Chrome creating that directory at
some point when I downloaded a file--it may have even been something like
the directory does not exist should I create it and me clicking OK.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Angel: Donuts?
Wesley: Developed a sweet fang, have you?