[CentOS] VLC Equivalent for CentOS 6.3

Sun Sep 9 22:51:02 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 09/09/12 1:21 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> Is there anything available in the CentOS 6.3 software catalog that can
> play a DVD?  I am loath to install software from external repositories.
>    That only leads to headaches.

probably not because any legal DVD player software has to be licensed by
the DVD Forum to understand the decryption keys.   any use of 'cracked'
keys is illegal, and Red Hat can't condone that.

you can just download the RPM from here
http://pkgs.repoforge.org/vlc/vlc-1.1.13-1.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm or
http://pkgs.repoforge.org/vlc/vlc-1.1.13-1.el6.rf.i686.rpm

if you don't want to configure the repo.   there's also a mozilla plugin
that enables playing videos embedded in firefox in that same folder.