[CentOS] VLC Equivalent for CentOS 6.3 (SOLVED)

Mon Sep 10 01:55:56 UTC 2012
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at aol.com>

On 09/09/2012 06:51 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 09/09/12 1:21 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>> Is there anything available in the CentOS 6.3 software catalog that can
>> play a DVD?  I am loath to install software from external repositories.
>>     That only leads to headaches.
>
> probably not because any legal DVD player software has to be licensed by
> the DVD Forum to understand the decryption keys.   any use of 'cracked'
> keys is illegal, and Red Hat can't condone that.
>
> you can just download the RPM from here
> http://pkgs.repoforge.org/vlc/vlc-1.1.13-1.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm or
> http://pkgs.repoforge.org/vlc/vlc-1.1.13-1.el6.rf.i686.rpm
>
> if you don't want to configure the repo.   there's also a mozilla plugin
> that enables playing videos embedded in firefox in that same folder.

I just installed the Fluendo DVD player.  Cost me $20.  Its playing
Shrek right now.  Swaps to full screen and back without a hitch.

http://www.fluendo.com/shop/product/fluendo-dvd-player/

Be sure to configure the sound and video to suit your system.

I legal solution at a reasonable price.

--
     _
    °v°