[CentOS] placing x11 libraries in an alternate location

Tue Sep 18 10:56:11 UTC 2012
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>

On 18/09/12 18:18, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 09/18/2012 05:12 AM, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
>> Puppet, Chef, or Bcfg2 could do it but it will probably take you a long
>> time to get your head around those beasts, let alone setting up the
>> infrastructure.
 >>
> I dont know about that - it took me about 20 min to get my head around
> the basic 'types' in puppet and another 20 min to get the infra setup to
> manage about 5 machines ( this was when I was starting out with puppet ~
> 2006'ish ? )

I'm impressed :-)

I had a look at Puppet early this year, planning to migrate to it from
existing Bcfg2 set up.  There is a lot of good documentation, but there
seemed to be a lot of options and it was not clear to me what the best
path forward was. Reading a copy of Pro Puppet cleared things up, but I
was still estimating the migration to take at least a week or two, with
some hard thinking about relationships and structures.

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson                       GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology                         (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
DealMax Pty Ltd                            (w) +61 (0) 3 9008 5281

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer."  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925