[CentOS] centos6 - failsafe terminal on login screen

Fri Sep 28 12:19:23 UTC 2012
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 05:36:19PM -1000, Miranda Hawarden-Ogata wrote:
> I have some clients that run centos6 and I need to have users be able to
> access the "failsafe terminal" from the login screen. The old options (from
> 4/5) for choosing your session aren't present. I've googled a bit on this
> but don't seem to be using a good search string as most of the hits have
> nothing to do with this and the rest aren't helpful.
>
> So, just wondering if anyone knows what I need to do to "turn on" session
> choosing from the login screen, and how to include the failsafe terminal.

so, if I understand correctly, you want to be able to choosoe "Gnome",
"XFCE", etc., etc. from the login screen, right?

the feature is there, but it doesn't show up until you've chosen a username
either from the list displayed, or entered one manually. so, enter a user
ID and then choose, before completing the password.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding