[CentOS] C5-C6 Migration problem: HTML-Formatted email in Squirrelmail disappears

Tue Apr 2 23:15:40 UTC 2013
Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com>

Greetings,

In Squirrelmail, you can install a plugin html_mail, that allows you to
compose html-formatted email.

This plugin functions with Firefox and Internet Explorer; it doesn't
function in Google Chrome.

In CentOS 5 with PHP5.1, I could copy and paste  html-formatted text
with complicated html (tables, css, etc) from a text editor into the the
html-formatting pane of squirrelmail, and the message would be delivered
as html-formatted to the recipients.

In CentOS 6, with PHP5.3, using Squirrelmail with the html_mail plugin,
copying html-formatted text from a text editor into the html-window in
Squirrelmail, the delivered email only shows the header information.

Using pine, I see that there is an attachment, viewing the attachment, I
see the original html code that was composed in a text editor.

Viewing this same received email in a web-based client (Gmail or
Squirrelmail), all of html-formatting disappears.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve this?

Much thanks.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com