[CentOS] Kickstart just create /boot, recommended swap and / with whatever is left.

Wed Apr 3 08:22:11 UTC 2013
Bazy <bazy84 at gmail.com>

On 04/02/2013 10:19 PM, Drew Weaver wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The default partitioning scheme appears to be:
>
> swap
> /boot
> / small amount of space
> /home remainder of space.
>
> Is there any way via kickstart to have it just create swap with the recommended size, /boot, and then just / with the remainder without manually specifying the names of the lvs/vgs etc?
>
> I figured there would be an autopart -atomic option but that doesn't seem to exist.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks,
> -Drew

Hi Drew,

Here is what I use, without lvm. I allocate a LV for each VM. This way I
get the recommended swap size for the amount of memory I have and '/'
will grow on all remaining disk space. If you have other disks that you
want to use later go with "ignoredisk --only-use=sda".

# Disk partitioning information
part /boot --asprimary --fstype="ext4" --size=300
part swap --recommended
part / --asprimary --fstype="ext4" --grow --size=1

//bazy