[CentOS] hard drive question - WD red

Wed Apr 24 14:49:34 UTC 2013
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On 4/23/13, Dan Young <danielmyoung at gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran across some forum posts indicating they are unlikely to work in
> arrays of greater than five disks. This is alluded to in the spec
> sheet as well.

I was concerned since we've been using Reds in our newer servers.

> http://www.avsforum.com/t/1454542/issue-with-wd-red-drives

However, the conclusion of that thread seems to put that particular
issue firmly on an odd incompatibility with the Asrock motherboard
used and the WD Red drives. One of the posters pointed out he has 12
Reds on a single Adaptec.

Somebody suggests possibly an issue with 6 drives being spread over 2
different controllers. I couldn't help wonder if it's just a Windows
driver thing.