[CentOS] hard drive question - WD red

Wed Apr 24 14:55:53 UTC 2013
Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin
<centos.admin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Somebody suggests possibly an issue with 6 drives being spread over 2
> different controllers. I couldn't help wonder if it's just a Windows
> driver thing.

Surely. A HDD only knows about sectors, reads and writes.... it knows
nothing about RAID. RAID is a controller thing.

In fact, if I use an ARCO RAID1 device (my favorite raid solution), it
masks two drives as a single one while doing RAID1 at the hardware
level, the OS and software side think it's 'talking to' a single
drive.

http://www.arcoide.com/category.aspx?PageId=241

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell