[CentOS] Why is my default DISPLAY suddenly :3.0?

Sat Apr 27 00:06:40 UTC 2013
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2013-04-26, Joakim Ziegler <joakim at terminalmx.com> wrote:

> Sorry, brain fart, I'm running CentOS 6.3, not Fedora. The weird thing
> is that this changed after a reboot. I haven't done any updates that
> seem relevant lately either.
>
> And yes, I know :0.0 shouldn't be depended on, but it seems weird that
> it'd change like that for no good reason.

Agreed.  You might take James' advice and check the X logs.  If you're
lucky, if the issue is a couple of failures to start X, the successful
start won't have written over the previous logs.  (I'm not sure how
you'd be able to tell if you were unlucky and X had to restart a few
times but overwrote the log.)

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us