[CentOS] Why is my default DISPLAY suddenly :3.0?

Sun Apr 28 14:33:34 UTC 2013
Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com>

On 04/26/2013 07:06 PM, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2013-04-26, Joakim Ziegler <joakim at terminalmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, brain fart, I'm running CentOS 6.3, not Fedora. The weird thing
>> is that this changed after a reboot. I haven't done any updates that
>> seem relevant lately either.
>>
>> And yes, I know :0.0 shouldn't be depended on, but it seems weird that
>> it'd change like that for no good reason.
>
> Agreed.  You might take James' advice and check the X logs.  If you're
> lucky, if the issue is a couple of failures to start X, the successful
> start won't have written over the previous logs.  (I'm not sure how
> you'd be able to tell if you were unlucky and X had to restart a few
> times but overwrote the log.)
>
> --keith

I've seen this from time to time.  It always seems to happen when I
change run levels without a reboot.  That makes me think it may have
something to do with an earlier post, when an old X session does not
exit completely before the new one.

In any case, it seems to have little impact on how it all works.

Jay Leafey - jay.leafey at mindless.com
Memphis, TN