[CentOS] fsck.ext4 Failed to optimize directory

Wed Aug 21 21:45:52 UTC 2013
Joakim Ziegler <joakim at terminalmx.com>

I had a rather large ext4 partition on an Areca RAID shut down uncleanly
while it was writing. When I mount it again, it recommends fsck, which I
do, and I get the following error:

Failed to optimize directory ... EXT2 directory corrupted

This error shows up every time I run fsck.ext4 on this partition.

How can I fix this? The file system seems to work ok otherwise, I can
mount it and it doesn't complain, using it looks like it's ok, etc.

--
Joakim Ziegler  -  Supervisor de postproducción  -  Terminal
joakim at terminalmx.com   -   044 55 2971 8514   -   5264 0864