[CentOS] More browsers!

Wed Aug 21 17:18:18 UTC 2013
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 05:08:31PM +0000, Beartooth wrote:

>         I'm running CentOS 6 on one machine, plus my wife's. She's OK
> with it, but every time I use it, I miss the glorious plethora of
> browsers that Fedora has gotten me used to.

You can safely add Johnny's Chrome repo.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2013-June/135238.html

Which will give you the chrome browser.  What other browsers are you
looking for?  Opera has an rpm that installs pretty easily.

It has dillo if you want a very simple and small browser.  The best bet is
to google browser name, for example arora centos 6 (and it seems as if nux
might have that one)
Have you looked at the CentOS wiki article on repos?
It makes suggestions, has a link to priorities with suggestions for what
priorities to give which repos.
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

--
Scott Robbins