[CentOS] RHEL Subscriptions

Fri Aug 23 05:25:40 UTC 2013
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

> It says if you let "ALL your subscriptions expire".   I read that to mean
> after you have no active subscriptions, you can use the software.   Seems
> absolutely crazy, but that's what it says.   It seems more clear to me in
> the detailed contract version it says clearly 'use or execute':

This clause is almost certainly to prevent folks from having a single
subscription and then using that to update all the others in the
environment. I don't have a problem with it; we do have several
hundred RHEL systems. There are alternatives though. CentOS works for
many companies. Even Oracle manages to rebuild the Red Hat packages
and sell support around it.