[CentOS] Centos-compatible motherboards

Thu Dec 26 03:51:16 UTC 2013
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

Hi all!

I'm toying with the idea of spending some Christmas money on a new MB and
CPU to upgrade my desktop.

Although I've always been partial to AMD chips, I'm tempted this time to
find something Intel-ish, I5, quad core, or so.

In looking at mommyboards  at New Egg and Amazon, I find so many I am
unable to make reasonable determinations regarding suitability, so am
hoping some of you who have new(ish) intel-compatible boards could
offer some hints.

Also, I'd like to keep the cost of MB, CPU and RAM to no more (or little
more) than $300-350. (seeing as how apparently mid-range I5 chips cost
over 200 each, that may be a vain hope.)

I expect that the newest ones may work with something bleeding edge
like Fedora (et al), but I like centos for my desktop since it doesn't
have the ridiculous churn rate of the more aggressive distros. I can't
bring myself to relish the thought of rebuilding my main desktop twice
a year (or even once a year).

So, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked