[CentOS] Centos as l2tp/ipsec-Client

Fri Feb 1 10:50:43 UTC 2013
Patrick Lists <centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl>

On 02/01/2013 10:55 AM, sebastian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i need to configure a centos 6.3 - server as an l2tp/ipsec-client. I
> have no idea how I there previous or if this is even possible.
> Where one might find appropriate instructions? Google is not very
> helpful, without any idea.

CentOS 6.3 comes with Openswan which allows you to setup IPsec
connections. More info on the Openswan website:
https://www.openswan.org/projects/openswan/

There is also Libreswan which is a recent fork of Openswan. Current
release is 3.0 and it has a long list of fixes over the latest Openswan
release (2.6.38) so might be interesting to look at too:
http://www.libreswan.org

For L2TP there is xl2tpd: https://github.com/xelerance/xl2tpd which iirc
is available from the EPEL repo.

Regards,