[CentOS] Centos as l2tp/ipsec-Client

Fri Feb 1 11:12:40 UTC 2013
sebastian <centos at secretusenet.com>

Am 01.02.2013 11:47, schrieb John R Pierce:
> On 2/1/2013 1:55 AM, sebastian wrote:
>> i need to configure a centos 6.3 - server as an l2tp/ipsec-client. I
>> have no idea how I there previous or if this is even possible.
>> Where one might find appropriate instructions? Google is not very
>> helpful, without any idea.
> whats the server?   there's no single standard for how VPN's like that
> authenticate and get setup, even given that they are using l2tp over
> ipsec.   ipsec itself is an unholy mess.    I prefer SSL based VPNs like
> OpenVPN.
>
> openswan is the generic l2tp/ipsec client (and server) in linux, million
> configuration options via complex scripts, you need to know EXACTLY what
> the server is expecting to authenticate and setup a session, and what
> you're routing over it.

I have create a l2tp-vpn server on centos 6.3 like this how-to:
http://www.maxwhale.com/how-to-install-l2tp-vpn-on-centos/

The vpn-connection works with an Mac-client and an Iphone too.

I thinks thats a very simple config and exactly is the right to begin.
My problem is now the client-configuration for another centos 6.3 server
(no GUI) --- the vpn-client setup. How it works? xl2tpd as client? I
have no solution approach

my goal is one l2tp-server with xl2tpd and one vpn-client on centos 6.3