[CentOS] htaccess is not working

Wed Feb 13 15:29:30 UTC 2013
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

Check that you have something like this in the Apache conf for that
directory:

<Directory "/var/www/sample.com/my-protected-folder">
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Override there means that .htpasswd file can override the main Apache conf.

It does not really need to be "AllowOverride All", only some options are
needed. But if you have "AllowOverride None", then .htpassword will have
no effect at all.

- Jussi