[CentOS] firefox 18

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Fri Jan 25 23:17:01 UTC 2013

fred smith wrote:

> OK, I've got all that installed. now when I run configure I get:
>
> 	checking For gcc visibility bug with class-level attributes (GCC bug 26905)... no
> 	checking For x86_64 gcc visibility bug with builtins (GCC bug 20297)... no
> 	checking for gcc PR49911... no
> 	checking for gcc pr39608... yes
> 	This compiler would fail to build firefox, plase upgrade.
>
> Not sure I know how to make it use 4.4 instead of the older ones.
> (of course, it doesn't tell me which compiler it's trying to configure
> for, so maybe it is 4.4, I can't tell.)
>
> In an effort to fix that I've done a series of exports:
>
> 	# env | grep 44
> 	gcc=gcc44
> 	CC=gcc44
> 	cc=gcc44
> 	GXX=g++44
>
> but it isn't helping. Can you divulge the correct incantation, please?

What does it say in the configure output for:

  checking for gcc...

and:

  checking compiler version...

Also, what is the contents of your mozconfig file (in the
mozilla-release directory) - mine contains:

. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
ac_add_options --enable-update-channel=release --enable-update-packaging
--enable-official-branding --enable-stdcxx-compat --disable-gio
mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-j4"
export BUILD_OFFICIAL=1
export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
mk_add_options BUILD_OFFICIAL=1
mk_add_options MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
CC="gcc44"
CXX="g++44"

James Pearson

P.S. The gcc44 install will not interfere with the default gcc install