[CentOS] Fencing a Dell T110 II

Wed Jan 9 13:05:08 UTC 2013
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

On 1/8/2013 6:20 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 1/8/2013 11:38 AM, Steve Campbell wrote:
>> Any one dealt with this particular Dell PE and fencing in any form other
>> than using something like an APC fence?
> what about fencing via your storage switch?   thats the way I've setup
> several clusters.   the standby server is warm and running, but has no
> access to the shared storage as its ports on the SAN switch are
> disabled.     this can be done with ethernet or fiberchannel attached
> storage.

I won't have shared storage for these two servers. These servers will be
firewalls, so IP's and a script to install the iptable rules will be all
that float between the servers.

I started thinking about VMs, though. I'm not familiar with how the HA
software works with virtual machines, but was wondering if putting the
individual servers on separate hosts as VMs would provide me with fencing.