[CentOS] Fencing a Dell T110 II

Wed Jan 9 13:15:15 UTC 2013
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>

> I won't have shared storage for these two servers. These servers will be

> firewalls, so IP's and a script to install the iptable rules will be all
> that float between the servers.
>
> I started thinking about VMs, though. I'm not familiar with how the HA
> software works with virtual machines, but was wondering if putting the
> individual servers on separate hosts as VMs would provide me with fencing.

An odd choice of server for an HA environment wouldn't you say? That unit is
nothing more than a desktop, it really doesn't have redundant anything...

Anyways, you can also use an snmp agent to down a switch port(s) that the
server is attached to, I wrote one in the early 5.x days and it worked well. The
cluster wiki had good docs. But that assumes you have a managed switch
behind it.

jlc