[CentOS] gigantic memory leak in Clock Applet...

Thu Jan 10 18:33:17 UTC 2013
Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com>

On 2013-01-10 19:13, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Paul Bijnens
> <Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I do have the Lightning plugin in Thunderbird, just to be able to read
>> nice formatted invites to meetings etc. And that thing marks items in my calendar.
>
> If you have notifications set, does the clock-applet pop them up?

No popops by the calendar (but I do not have the memory leak problem anymore either).
Maybe I did had some experiments in that time when testing Lightning then.

> I don't know anything about the mechanisms involved, but the
> clock-applet seemed to be aware of other stuff - and probably consumes
> memory in the process.   The 6.x version also has a weather-checker in
> there.

Wow, now, that you say it... Now I have a remote temperature sensor
in CentOS 6.  My smartphone has one too :-)

--
Paul Bijnens, Xplanation                            Tel  +32 16 397.525
Interleuvenlaan 86, B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM          Fax  +32 16 397.552