[CentOS] Use of CentOS name and logo

Tue Jan 15 09:47:30 UTC 2013
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 15.01.2013 09:15, Giacomo Sanchietti wrote:
> Hi.
> my name is Giacomo Sanchietti and I'm working for a company called
> Nethesis.
>
> We are working on a CentOS derived distribution like SME Server.
> It's a minimal CentOS with a software layer on top to add a web
> configuration interface.
>
> The CD iso, it's a CentOS minimal CD with some extras packages from
> centos-base yum group, and a kickstart file to automatize the
> installation process.
>
> We did not rebrand anaconda, so during installation (and first boot)
> CentOS logo and name will be visible. Is this a problem? Are there
> any
> legal issues? Do we need to rebrand all the distro?
>
> Thank you

Hello Giacomo,

I also did a Centos remix and as far as I could understand it gets
tricky to use the name/logo if you distribute software outside the
official repos. In my case I had to change the name (to Stella) and the
artwork. This is what I'm modifying:
http://li.nux.ro/download/stella/6/SRPMS/

See also http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Remix, I would imagine some/most
of that applies here, too.