[CentOS] How to setup VNC for GDM access on 6.3

Wed Jan 23 16:03:36 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've used vnc spawned by xinetd in the past and it works the way you
> describe.  It works, but not as nicely as freenx and if you lose your
> connection it kills everything running, like it or not.

I know it is bad form to reply to myself, but now I remember that the
systems where I had this were originally installed with the k12ltsp
distribution which was Centos (or fedora for some versions) with some
additions to make ltsp (thin client network booting) work out of the
box, and it included the vnc-ltsp-config package in the base install.
  But you can install that via yum.  See the vnc-ltsp-config section
of http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server.  This gives you vnc
sessions on demand with separate user logins for each.   And if you
want, you can arrange for different screen sizes on different ports.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com