[CentOS] Centos 6.3 - which repos to use?

Sun Jan 27 13:18:06 UTC 2013
Bry8 Star <bry8star at yahoo.com>

Hi Anthony, it would be really great, to see various types of
repo-configs on centos wiki, now if few helpful & experienced users
can grab this idea and come forward and share their repo config (and
their case/usage scenario along with that), then that would be great.

I'm wondering, why no (experienced) users have already done that yet
! ? (CentOS is not very new at all).

Boxes where i try/test-out new features, apps, etc, I think my repo
configs on those will probably be not useful for many & not likened
by many, as my need & choices & mods are different than others.

Service providing (production) server box's repo configs are
comparatively & usually much simpler.

i will try to share few of my repo-configs in wiki, these are,
again, will be based on
my own choices+cases+scenario+preferences.

So even if i share my own repo-configs, it will not solve problems
of many types of the mass / users.

Someone already EXPERIENCED in CentOS and long time user, should
FIRST come forward for the community in WIKI pages, and set an
example standard, (amazingly no has yet done that), ... whereas i'm
relatively much less-experienced and recently trying to build boxes
out of RHEL clone/derivatives (CentOS), with expectation that it
might be possible to provide service(s) based on already available
various latest released apps, which are STABLE+last+latest.

For example, IF CentOS/RHEL (based/clone/derivative linux) has a
specific app/lib at v7.00, and if the source/origin/upstream
developer has released a STABLE version v9.00 (with new features and
older bugs fixed), and when more bugs are fixed later on for the
v9.00, then how that patch/code is re-implemented on v7.00 ! ? would
not a v9.00 bug-fix/patch cause more problem(s) when applied on v7.00 ?

or, is it this case, that, when a bug-fix/patch is applied on an
older v7.00 app/lib by RHEL upstream developers (or by origin/source
upstream developers), and then, that is, later
re-applied/re-implemented on RHEL/CentOS (clone/derivative) v7.00
app/lib ?

So, does that mean that a CentOS/RHEL based clone/derivative linux's
v7.00 app/lib, will always lack new v9.00 features ? until, few
months/yrs later when CentOS/RHEL clone/derivative also gets finally
updated to v9.00 ? but by then source/origin upstream developers
most likely already released v11.00 or so ?
or, is it this case, that, when some features of v9.00 are
transferred into v7.0, then that is also re-implemented by
CentOS/RHEL ? is this really happens ?
or, is it, that, CentOS/RHEL based linux developers decide to add
v8.00 in CentOS/RHEL, as an update to the previous v7.00, and then
that is re-applied over the previous v7.00 ? but is not by then RHEL
or source/origin upstream/developers already released v10.00, after
v9.00 ?

(Sorry for spelling & grammar mistakes in previous and in this
posting, pls kindly disregard, its not a grammar discussion thread).

-- Bry8Star.

Received from Anthony K, on 2013-01-27 2:48 AM: