[CentOS] Centos 6.4 and Virtualbox

Thu Jul 4 00:39:05 UTC 2013
Mark H Needleman <needleman_mark at yahoo.com>

I'm trying to install Centos 6.4 under Virtualbox on a Mac running Lion. I downloaded the 2 iso DVD files and set Virtualbox to boot from DVD 1

When I start the vm it puts out a lot of messages then asks me what kind of install I want to do. I select the basic install and it tells me it found the media ( the iso DVD file I downloaded) puts out a message about the anaconda ( I think) install starting then goes to a screen with the Centos 6 logo and appears to do nothing. No more messages appear.

Should I be using the minimal iso install file?

I have installed Windows XP, 7 and 8 under Virtualbox and they all work. I also installed Ubuntu but didn't  like it so I removed it and thought I would try Centos

Does anyone know what might be going on and how to get it working?

Thanks for any advice or help

Mark Needleman

Sent from Mark Needleman's iPad