[CentOS] Kernel 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6 boot fail

Tue Jul 30 18:15:13 UTC 2013
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 07/30/2013 02:40 AM, Kwan Lowe wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com> wrote:
>> You haven't got an errored copy of the kernel by any chance?? I'd wipe it
>> and re-install.
>
> Rob, thanks for your reply.
>
> Just tried that. Uninstalled the latest kernel, reinstalled. Same issue.
>
> Also bumped my BIOS up to the latest...
>
> The last time I saw this was because of some bad kmod packages for my
> wireless NIC. This has prevented me from updating a few kernels back.
> I only have userspace packages from alternate repos now, so am really
> stumped on what could be causing this. And... I just updated another
> system to the latest and it's working fine.

How about posting your boot line (from grub)? Maybe there is something
that has changed now.

Btw, do you have GPT MBR on your HDD's? I had a boot problem on my
Samsung NP350e5x laptop when I formatted HDD with GPT. It confused and
tried to boot HDD when I select DVD and who knows what when I choose HDD.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)