[CentOS] crash with CentOS 6.3 2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.x86_64

Fri Jun 14 13:13:29 UTC 2013

drichards at globalcerts.net wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone seen a crash triggered by an incoming telnet connection? It
> seems that that's what we are experiencing on a certain system.
> It happens randomly, hard to reproduce. Attached is the crash screen shot.

Sorry, this is a text-only mailing list - attachments are deleted.

Incoming telnet connection: *why* is there an incoming telnet connection?
The only thing I know anyone using telnet for *anywhere* in the last six
or eight years is to check a mail or other port, to see if it responds. It
should NOT BE USED for anything anymore. If you've got users using it,
break them of that habit, yesterday, because you are incredibly vulnerable
to anyone who cares. Move them to ssh.

     mark