[CentOS] Server hangs after installing KVM

Thu Jun 27 16:03:05 UTC 2013

Guy Boisvert wrote:
> Le 2013-06-27 10:39, Reindl Harald a écrit :
>>
>> Am 27.06.2013 16:26, schrieb Guy Boisvert:
<snip>
>> these days someone buys a HP Pro Liant with a vSphere license

Eh. Don't care for HP Proliant. Too complicated, and mirrored memory?

>> or install VMware ESXi in the  free version and install his
>> operating systems on top of it which is a scaleable solution
>> and can be upgraded to a cluster with HA, SAN storages whatever
>> without ever re-install the guest systems
>>
>> but you get what you paied for...............
>
> I kicked out VMWare and their "Windoze" tools i hate (i know that now
> they offer a VM with command line tools).  I'm not saying VMWare is not
> good though, it's just i hate their tools.  On top of that, it can cost
> a lot of money.  But they have the features!

They always had command line - the old version was a modified version of
RHEL 3.

> I moved to KVM and i'd say i like it a lot.  I'm planning to test
> OpenStack.
>
> For storage, big names (3Par, Netapp, etc) offer nice things but it is
> rather expensive.  I'm testing iSCSI servers with DRDB, STONITH, etc.

Have you looked at large RAID boxes? We have several JetStores from AC&NC
- expensive, but maybe less than the big names. The recent one has 42 2TB
drives....

       mark