[CentOS] Server hangs after installing KVM

Thu Jun 27 16:55:58 UTC 2013
Guy Boisvert <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca>

Le 2013-06-27 11:18, Tru Huynh a écrit :

> Can you rule out a conflict with the LSI card? ie removing it completely.
>
> CentOS 6.4 without installing the virtualisation tool works?
>
> Bios version at latest available version?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tru

I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the serveur with KVM and it works.
Ubuntu kernel is 3.2.0-29-generic x86_64.

So if other identical servers we have works with CentOS 6.4 and the same
LSI card, the difference i see for now is the firmware version...Didn't
had a chance to really compare but it seems to have a few new parameters
in the problematic server's BIOS.  I tried to change all of them before
coming here.

I'm opening a tech support case with Supermicro.

Thanks for your help!