[CentOS] Is there a rpm command to find the package that created a particular user or particular group?

Thu Jun 27 18:52:01 UTC 2013
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 27.06.2013 um 20:36 schrieb Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com>:
> Given a particular user or particular group, is there a rpm command that
> returns what package created that particular user or particular group?
>
> Analogous to `rpm -q --whatprovides /etc/security/limits.conf` returns the
> package "pam".
> Is there an rpm command that returns what package generated a particular
> user?
>
> Most of us already know that the httpd package is associated with the user
> apache.  But there are passwd and group entries that i would like to verify
> and want to know exactly how they got on my system.  Further i would like
> to know which the security implications of adding another group to a user
> account.
>
> Something like the following command:
> `rpm --query --user apache`              would return "httpd"
> `rpm --query --group pulse-access`   might return pulseaudio

take a look at the pre/post-script parts of the rpms

rpm -q --scripts httpd

other users/groups are "installed" via centos setup (anaconda).

--
LF