[CentOS] What can I do to UNDERSTAND why I can't reach centos.org (but everyone else can)?

Tilman Schmidt

t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Fri Mar 1 22:24:05 UTC 2013

Am 01.03.2013 17:38, schrieb Rock:
> My WISP provider is as perplexed as I because I'm the first subscriber
> to have this problem, he says.

Yeah, providers would say that. Several times in a row to
different subscribers, if necessary.

> He thinks it's on the Centos side of things.

Indeed. I know at least three big providers hereabout for whom I
routinely warn my customers if they have to call support that the
first answer will invariably be: "Everything's ok at our side,
the problem must be with your equipment/your communication
partner/anywhere but us."

Good support engineers don't make statements about *where* the
problem is before they have determined *what* the problem is.

SCNR

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH