[CentOS] CentOS 6.x

Keith Keller

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Mar 22 01:42:18 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-22, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please help me understand to choose between the two versions CentOS 6.3 and
> CentOS 6.4. I am not sure to choose 6.4 since it is being released
> recently(
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2013-March/019276.html)
> and it may be risky to push it in Live environment.

It is likely not.  The point releases are all basically patches--mostly
security and bug fixes, a few minor new features--to CentOS 6, which
are equivalent to patches to the upstream distro by the vendor.  If
you're choosing between a new install of 6.3 or 6.4 you should
definitely choose 6.4.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us