[CentOS] moderate rant un updates

Thu Mar 14 20:32:59 UTC 2013

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, both of you, and good catch. Now I need to dig into what
>> happened on *my* end: the elrepo.conf was dated last summer, and I had
>> kmod-nvidia and nvidia-x11-drv installed... but when you folks pointed
me to it, it
>> *only* had includepkgs=kmod-nvidia. I know I didn't do a localinstall,
>> so I need to figure out how I installed it, if the repo file was like
that,
>> or if it got backed up to some in-progress repo from before I got the
>> install working.
>
> So, what you've found is that this is a recurrence of the old problem
> you had before?
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2012-July/127950.html
>
> If so, just curious why this resurfaced.

I'd forgotten about that, but yep, that's it. Hmmm... thank you I think, I
see it now: that was *right* around the time that I got this workstation,
and was building it.

Wonder if I explicitly, on a command line, got that, and then didn't add
it, or whether this got restored from something during that initial
build....

I'll make sure *that* doesn't happen again.

Again, thanks to all who helped me pinpoint what went wrong.

I'm still ticked at the other admin who pushed me into this, rather than
waiting for me to walk through it step by step....

       mark