[CentOS] UC OT: A lightweight monitor software

Fri Mar 15 17:36:56 UTC 2013
Rushton Martin <JMRUSHTON at qinetiq.com>

We run ganglia on a 35 node cluster (plus a few odds and ends).  It
seems pretty lightweight.  I've just finished installing the latest
versions at home on old slow 32-bit kit and it seems again to be very
lightweight.  You will need to install libconfuse and RRD though, the
former comes as a tarball.  You'll need to configure/make/make install
and then tell yum to ignore the missing dependency.

Regards,

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Karanbir Singh
Sent: 15 March 2013 16:46
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] OT: A lightweight monitor software

On 03/15/2013 07:39 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a test lab installed over an ESXi 5.1 host that contains 5
> CentOS vm guests. I would like to monitor CPU, RAM and Network for
> these vm and ESXi host. Zabbix and Nagios are too to accomplish this
> task. Does anyone know any lightweight openosurce soft to do this??

you already have some great answers, but I want to throw in another
susggestio : ganglia. Its provided in rpm form at EPEL ( including
ganglia-web ), and if you have a trusted network, and multicast is
considered ok - you wont need to do any config beyond install, and make
2 config changes in the main /etc/ganglia/gmond.conf file on each of the
nodes

--
Karanbir Singh, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. QinetiQ may
monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for
the purposes of security. QinetiQ Limited (Registered in England
& Wales: Company Number: 3796233) Registered office: Cody Technology
Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX  http://www.qinetiq.com.