[CentOS] Lockups with kernel-2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686

Fri Mar 8 16:27:02 UTC 2013
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> wrote:

> Nearly every time we've had lockup problems it has come down to bad or failing memory.
>
> I've even had memory cause problems where it would pass a quick memtest but ultimately would fail if you left it running
> the tests overnight.

Thank you for your reply.

I was leaning towards memory after swapping the power supply did not
solve the problem. There are 4 8GB DDR3 sticks, so I took out two and
ran with 16G.  It still failed. I then swapped that out for the other
16GB. Still failed. What I haven't tried is to downclock the memory to
a slower speed but will try that tonight if the BIOS supports it.