[CentOS] SuperMicro with LSI MegaRaid with Centos 6.0

Tue May 21 18:09:57 UTC 2013

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> I am trying to install a Centos 6.0 system on a SuperMicro with an LSI
> MegaRaid SCSI 320-2 controller.
>
> I had originally tried to install 6.4, but the 6.4 install DVD does not
> boot with this configuration.
> See :
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5377

I don't think you understand how to use it. First, BEFORE YOU TRY TO
INSTALL, use the firmware option while it's getting up - I think it's
<ctrl-R>, and create a logical drive, whatever RAID level you want, with
spares if it's not just RAID 1. Tell it to initialize (you can do a quick
initialize). Then exit that, and it'll reboot, and Linux will see it
presented by the controller as one physical drive, and it should be happy.

      mark