[CentOS] died again

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:15:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Depends on the cost of the system, and the budget... and it sounds to me
> as though the OP is working on his own system, and his budget approaches
> $1 as a limit.... I understand that all too well (though it's not an issue
> for me these days).

I understand that too, but nothing you can do is going to make it last
forever, and power use is a cost if it is on all the time.  And I'd
recommend something that can virtualize 64-bit OS's (basically
anything since a core-2 duo, I think) if you like to try out different
things.

> To the OP: is this a gaming machine, or just what you use? You mentioned
> $200 before install - I've seen refurbed entire desktops for $300.

I've had relatively good luck with stuff from tigerdirect.com but you
sort of take your chances.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com