[CentOS] died again

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Nov 26 23:58:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Depends on the cost of the system, and the budget... and it sounds to me
> as though the OP is working on his own system, and his budget approaches
> $1 as a limit.... I understand that all too well (though it's not an issue
> for me these days).

My current income is zero.
I'm burning what little retirement money I have.
Some expenses I find more annoying than others.
A computer is rather important for a job search these days.

> To the OP: is this a gaming machine, or just what you use? You mentioned
> $200 before install - I've seen refurbed entire desktops for $300.

No.  I've never been into gaming.
I've got a rather high-end video card because that
was the only available AGP card available in a hurry.

The $200 comes from googling D865GBFL price.

$300 desktops? Where?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily