[CentOS] It just dies

Tue Nov 5 02:55:43 UTC 2013
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I reinstalled CentOS.
Just used the default repositories.
It just dies.
The screen suddenly goes dark and I cannot do anything.
Other virtual teminals are unreachable.
The green light on my monitor turns yellow, indicating not signal.
The only evidence of life is that I can
usually reset it with the reset button.
The power button is usually unnecessary.

I cannot try to remote in from another computer
because I do not have another computer.

After a couple of the crashes,
I've seen pages of orphan nodes in the / partition.
Eventually I did yet another install using another / partition.
Fewer orphan nodes.

I've looked in /var/{dmesg,Xorg.0.log,messages},
but did see anything that looked like a killer.
That might be because I do not know what I am looking for.

Any suggestions on where else I should
look or what I should be looking for?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily