[CentOS] Postfix vs Sendmail

Sat Nov 2 15:41:53 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> I asked why postfix was preferable, but didn't any convincing reply.
> The general response was along the lines that it was the "modern" way.

Sendmail was written back in the days of wooden computers and iron
programmers and uses a macro language configuration technique designed
to be efficient for the computer.  Postfix was what you get if you
start over with the idea of making it easier for the humans.   But,
that part only matters if you need to configure it to do something
that no one has ever done before.  Otherwise you just re-use an
existing setup.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com