[CentOS] [OT] Building a new backup server

Mon Nov 4 14:32:34 UTC 2013
Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

That doesn't look like the CentOS-installer does it. Anyway, this was what I
was trying to accomplish with ctrl-alt-f2 when Anaconda froze on me.

> > I've come so far as installing Fedora 19 and having it see all the
> > hard-drives, but it refuses to create any partition bigger than
> > approx. 16 TB
> > with ext4.
>
> Yes, RedHat puts in this artificial limit. They say they do not support
> volumes larger than this and recommend XFS instead, which is what I
> recommend as well.

What about this 1 GB RAM per TB disk-space for XFS in order to be able to do
an fsck?
I don't think I can fit that much RAM (40 GB) on this particular motherboard.

> Just a thought - I maintain a CentOS destop oriented remix and have an
> ISO with the kernel from elrepo.org (kernel-ml):
> http://li.nux.ro/download/ISO/Stella6.4_x86_64.1_kernel-ml.iso
> It's not tested much but the kernel might be new enough to support the
> raid card, if you can install it you could keep using it; "changing it"
> it to CentOS is trivial.

That's a thought - plan B. Thanks!

--
//Sorin