[CentOS] Installing CentOS via USB thumbdrive

Sat Nov 9 01:14:22 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/8/2013 4:58 PM, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> I'll find a USB DVD drive and use that, until a hybrid ISO becomes available.

this has worked for me, using a Windows machine to prep the USB stick
http://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29829

and this tool was even easier to use, you can setup the USB stick on
either a windows or linux box.
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

I nearly always use the CentOS 6 MINIMAL install, its hardly bigger than
the NETINSTALL, and less hassle to setup.  once its up and running, I
yum install anything else I need.   I prefer minimal installs to very
comprehensive ones, yum updates are much faster when you aren't updating
tons of packages you'll never use.