[CentOS] Installing CentOS via USB thumbdrive

Mon Nov 11 02:29:35 UTC 2013
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 09/11/13 00:58, Joseph Spenner wrote:

>> On Nov 8, 2013, at 5:22 PM, Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca> wrote:
>>
>> On Friday 08 November 2013, Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been poking at this for quite a while, and have never been able
>>> to get it to work.
>>
>> Have a look at this thread:
>> http://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4478
>>

> Just checked it out.
> Looks like a lot of frustrated people, with no real resolution.
> I'll find a USB DVD drive and use that, until a hybrid ISO becomes available.
>
> Thanks!

I used the main "Older Method" described on the Wiki last month with a
6.4 ISO and it worked flawlessly:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey

having first tried the livecd-iso-to-disk method which I was unable to
get to boot on my new laptop (although it would boot other laptops).

So my advice is to try a few of the different methods out there if the
first one you try doesn't work for you.