[CentOS] Install to internal USB?

Sat Nov 9 07:53:12 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/8/2013 11:01 PM, Arun Khan wrote:
> Some of the newer workstation/server boards have an internal USB
> (female) connector soldered on to the board; specifically meant for
> embedded OS.    I have seen it on the Supermicro and Dell systems.

personally, I'd as soon use a CF or SD card for this, but ah well.

my home HP Microserver, running FreeNAS, has a sandisk USB stick plugged
into its internal USB jack on the main board.   has been working great
for a year.   occassionally I backup the configuration file so if the
stick dies, in theory I make a new one and slap the XML file on it and
reboot.